Thursday, January 12, 2012

Time Passes By and My Wounds are Getting Healed!!!

‎"Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Prov. 3:11–12). He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." -Richard G Scott, 1995

#1  (Yes this might sound redundant and all...but you are reading my blog...so deal with it!!! lol) My moment in life stopped last year when all my dreams were crushed..not because something I did and not because of God but I don't know why...but I do know that I was blessed with some amazing people in my life. The doctors and nurses that took care of me, my family and friends that brought joy to my life when I was feeling way down in the hospital, the food that people brought to us, my brother-in-law that would change my wound daily, etc. etc. I could count the many blessings and prayers that people gave me during these times of my life....not sure why this happened but I know that I bonded with so many people and became great friends with them...which I will never regret.
Some people thought maybe she was being bad or maybe because of this and that or it wasn't that bad what happened to her. To tell you the truth....YOU weren't in my shoes to judge me how I felt, to feel that all my dreams in my life were being crushed, all the hard work, all the goals that I had were taken from me within a few days...don't tell me you understand unless you were there with me (there's a difference between sympathy and empathy)...standing by my side from the beginning to now..I know you have changed because I have changed.

George A. Smith received this counsel from the prophet Joseph Smith: “He told me I should never get discouraged, whatever difficulties might surround me. If I was sunk in the lowest pit of Nova Scotia and all the Rocky Mountains piled on top of me, I ought not to be discouraged but hang on, exercise faith, and keep up good courage and I should come out on the top of the heap at last.”


Wow!!! I can't believe how time flew out of my hands in a second but now I know am ready to go and front my battles in school/work/etc......

#2...Yesterday I booked my flight to Utah for Spring Break for a whole week!!! I never ever thought I was going to go to Utah!!! but for a long debate within myself I decided to booked it!!! and I did!! and I can't wait. (Yes Pedro...I even looked into Spain..but it was tooo much for my budget o_O)

#3...Today while volunteering at the hospital I was putting up posters and I put one by the ICU (Intensive Care Unit)...it brought back memories....and I just cried for a bit and ponder how within a few months I was there dying and fighting for my life and now I was standing there and knowing that am blessed for everyone that kept me in their prayers. I also saw two nurses that recognize me and I was like "yes, am doing way better even though I was trying to hid from you.." I don't know why...but I just didn't want to bring back memories. It's just so crazy that people see me now and they are like "wow!! you look different...you look good...etc" Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...lol.

#4....Bought New Suitcases.... it was time for me to buy new ones because the other ones were tearing apart. New Suitcases = New Adventures.

#5....Scrapbooking....bringing good/bad memories!!! I have accomplished many things in my life even though at times I don't think so.

#6....So instead of graduating in May 2012....am not sure when I'll be graduating, but one day I will. Am always hard in myself for not finishing school in 4 years but oh!!!well!! I might be 26, 27, or even 28 or 50 when I graduate but when that day comes....I'll be very proud of myself. Am always told "Things Always Happen for A Reason."...right?!?!?!

#7.... 3 days more and am heading to SD!!!! It's so weird that am having mixed emotions...don't get me wrong....but am happy to go back but sad to leave and vice-versa. But got to do what I need to do and go accomplished my goals in life. Don't Settle For Anything Less Than You Are Worth!!!!

#8........


"Today is here. I will start with a smile, and resolve to be agreeable. I will not criticize. I refuse to waste my valuable time. Today has one thing in which I know I am equal with others—time. All of us draw the same salary in seconds, minutes, hours—24 Golden Hours each day. Today I will not waste my time because the minutes I wasted yesterday are as lost as a vanished thought. Today I refuse to spend time worrying about what might happen. I am going to spend my time making things happen. Today I am determined to study to improve myself, for tomorrow I may be wanted, and I must not be found lacking. Today I am determined to do the things I should do. I firmly resolve to stop doing the things I should not do. Today I begin by doing and not wasting my time. In one week, I will be miles beyond the person I am today. Today I will not imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different. I will make a success with what material I have. Today I will stop saying, ‘If I had time,’ for I never will ‘find time’ for anything—if I want time, I must take it. Today I will act toward other people as though this might be my last day on earth. I will not wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes." -John Longden, 1966



"Peace and Love"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment